MATS aims at diligently pursuing the training schedules so outlined by GHQ ensuring that the following objectives of training are achieved:
- Mentor, train and empower members of the Ghana Armed Forces to carry out their primary duty of defending the sovereignty and territorial integrity of Ghana from internal and external aggression.
- Officers, Officer Cadets and men obtain a very high standard of mental physical and spiritual instruction to enable them achieve a high technical and professional competence.
- Training focuses on building proficiency in the Armed Forces of Ghana.
- The creation of an environment that encourages professional development of all leaders at all levels and fosters cooperation and network.
- Full achievement of standardized, mutually supportive training practices at all levels in the Ghana Armed Forces.